Chorizo in red wine
Another low-effort-big-flavour tapas dish. Slice the chorizo if you are using a large piece, or leave whole if you've bought smaller individual sausages.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 (as part of a larger tapas selection)
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 300g chorizo, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 200ml tempranillo red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Fry the shallot and garlic over a medium heat until starting to soften (2-3 minutes).
- Add the chorizo and fry for two minutes more.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer gently until the sauce has thickened (about 15 minutes)
- Season and serve as part of larger tapas selection.