Originating in Genoa, this classic pesto sauce is packed with fresh flavours and can be prepared in the time it takes to cook your pasta.
- FOR THE PESTO:
- 100g fresh basil, leaves and stems
- 60g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 3/4 lemon, juice only
- 180ml Olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- TO SERVE:
- 300g baby new potatoes, sliced
- 300g dried spaghetti
- 200g fine beans, trimmed and halved
1. Put the potato slices in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil.2. Add the spaghetti, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.3. Add the beans to the water and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.4. Whilst the pasta and vegetables are cooking, make the pesto by blitzing to a chunky paste in a small blender.5. Drain the pasta and vegetables and stir through the pesto, until everything is well coated. Serve immediately.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: Serves 4