Burrata, caramelised peach and proscuitto salad
Think mozzarella can't be improved? Try this simple summer salad with it's even-more-delicious cousin, caramelised peaches, mint, prosciutto and a refreshing honey-lemon dressing. If you haven't tried burrata before, here's the place to start!
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 ripe white peaches
- 400g rocket leaves, washed
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs mint, leaves only
- 6 slices proscuitto
- 400g fresh burrata
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Make the dressing by putting the lemon juice, olive oil and honey into a jam jar and shaking vigourously until emulsified. Lightly dress the rocket leaves.2. Peel (optional) and remove the stones from the peaches then slice into segments. Brush with a little oil and lightly fry for a few minutes until caramelised.3. Add a small bed of dressed salad leaves to each plate, tear over the proscuitto, add the peach slices and scatter over a little chopped chilli and mint.4. Finally, tear 1/4 of the burrata on to each plate and drizzle over a little more dressing. Season lightly.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: Serves 4